Infused with Spirit, this kind Earth
I once had a vision, the kind that melts your mind and opens the gates of your heart, wide. I was sitting on the ground and saw all the little rocks that made the earth that sustained me glowing with love. I saw each little rock as an ancestor. I cried rivers that day, for our oblivion, for our forgetfulness, for the love that flows so often ignored through the veins of our mother earth.
And it occurred to me that up until that moment I hadn’t realized something so primal, so imprinted in the memory of my cells. My feet long to walk on the body of the sacred earth and bless her as she breathes in and out, rapt in the beauty of our awakening.
Back to the body, back to the fragrance of this kind earth:
Remain faithful to the earth, my brothers and sisters, with the power of your virtue. Let your gift-giving love and your knowledge serve the meaning of the earth. Thus I beg and beseech you. Do not let them fly away from earthly things and beat with their wings against eternal walls. Alas, there has always been so much virtue that has flown away…back to the body, back to life, that it may give the earth a new meaning…Verily, the earth shall yet become a site of recovery. And even now a new fragrance surrounds it bringing salvation and a new hope.
This kind earth is infused with spirit. She is full of life, sentient, conscious, evolving. When I contemplate this magical land that holds our steps with the gravity of her breathing body, I can’t help but sink deeply into the soil of my own soul. My hands naturally crave to feel the earth, closer. I am drawn to slow down and be truly present to her energy flowing through me.
This kind earth is awakening our deep remembrance. As part of our natural evolution, we remember to give and receive and in this way unleash the natural flow and rhythm of life, un-dammed, wild and free. Our kind earth appreciates our sustainability and green endeavors. In a way, they are efforts to recover and heal our relationship with her. But this kind earth is more than a finite bundle of resources. The earth yearns to be seen and treated as sacred. To make space for such loveliness, simply empty out, empty out of all that obstructs this awareness.
This kind earth is witnessing our healing. We are remembering our wholeness, our beauty, our truth. To bless this kind earth & receive her medicine:
- Thank her for all her beauty, resilience and intelligence.
- Give her offerings: flowers, fruits, vegetables.
- Write her a love letter, a poem, sing her a song.
- Spend quality time with Her. Come alive in her presence.
- Bring her awareness into your home, your business, your community.
- Plant a garden. Compost. Care for the life that grows there.
- Speak up for the earth. Be her voice.
- Keep her present in your meditations and/or prayers.
- Walk barefoot on the grass, on the naked earth, on the sand of the shoreline.
- Swim in her waters. Breathe fully. Feel her in your hands, in your heart.
- Feel grounded on her body. Make every step you take become a blessing for the earth.
- Live lightly. Consume less. Love more.
- Treat all that the earth offers you with respect and gratitude, as true gifts of creation.
- You are healing your relationship with the earth, making space for miracles!
This kind earth is waiting to communicate with you. Nature flows in undulating rhythms that speak to us if we listen. All you need to do is make space to listen to the whispers of the earth, make space to feel the rhythm of her song your very own. Listening to the earth is a learned skill. With patience, love and devotion, you can remember this ancient language and open channels of communication with the consciousness of the earth. When you invite her to fully participate in your life, serendipitous moments of connection and expression start streaming in, magically.
This kind earth is imbued with the sacred. Being kind to the earth is being kind to yourself. When you are kind to the earth, your own colors shine brighter, your gifts unravel and the fibers of your being expand with love. Dear ones, you are made of earth and the earth is made of you. May your sacred relationship to this kind earth blossom and may it be one that fills you with joy, love, and deep remembrance.