March Full Moon, 2012. Mount Hamilton, east of San Jose, California. Photo by Rick Baldridge.
Happy Full Moon dear ones! I have been digesting my wonderful adventures in the big apple and getting into the swing of things again. If you need to align with the spirit of new endeavors, adventures, projects or the manifestation of your deepest life giving desires, there is nothing like making space for them!
“What art offers is space – a certain breathing room for the spirit.” ~ John Updike
We don’t so much create flow as awaken, facilitate and romance it. All of life wants to flow. Ever present and often dormant, this pulsing force waits to be unleashed, harnessed and used for good. There is simplicity, elegance and intelligence in a space that cultivates flow. Healing your relationship with your space and your space and environment precisely enables you to ride the energy of flow to express and share your dreams, passions and gifts.
In this age of rapid change and transformation, it is lovely, nourishing and satisfying to have a home space that grounds, deepens and expands the awareness of your place in this magical universe. Use these six simple suggestions, ways to awaken and connect with flow in your space and life. To feng shui your space:
1. Romance flow. How is your space welcoming flow? Imagine your home greeting life with a smile. Let your front door celebrate flow’s arrival. Free up the circulation of energy in your space with clear paths of movement. Flow loves meandering pathways as it transitions from the outer to the inner spaces of your life. Imagine being greeted by a star, a mandala or a burst of color as you come home..
2. Invoke your intention. I invite you to do this on a regular basis: Offer a prayer of gratitude, connect with your intention for the space, light a candle, smudge and physically clean your space really well. Play beautiful music, hum, sing, dance, journal any emotions that may come up, hold them gently in your heart and release them back into the universe. Make this an act of communion, of deep connection with the divine.
3. Release. Release is part of maintaining balance in our lives. Liberating energy with the art of letting go of things that are no longer in resonance with your spirit. Tonight we have a gorgeous full moon in Libra, if you’d like to go deeper with this process, here is my post Full Moon blessings. A feminine approach to self & space renewal.
4. Invite nature in. Let your space open up to nature. Connect with your local ecosystem and feel the power and healing inspiration in your natural environment. Let flowers and plants brighten up your environment. Open up the windows for fresh air & have artwork inspired by nature that speaks to you. Repurpose, recycle, reuse! Here you have mason jars with growing herbs for your kitchen and recycled light bulbs with flowers!
Mason-jar-planter-board from notjustahousewife.com
Recycled lightbulbs diy vases by duitang.com
5. Express your heart song. You can align your space with your highest intention, your deepest purpose. Only have things you truly need, love and cherish. Embrace something in your space today that represents your truest aspirations. Would you love to have a view of trees and don’t? Paint one!
Photo by Homeanddecor.net
Photo by Warren Heath
6.Use your space! Neglected spaces have stagnant energy. Start loving your space and it will love you right back.
Your space is sacred and so are you! May these feng shui suggestions help your space flow, nourish, and inspire your brightest unfurling. Remember to slow down, listen and stay receptive. There is so much that wants to awaken. What are you making space for?
In the spirit of the art of soulful space making,