I am interested in feminine power, which suffers when women all around the globe deny and silence part of themselves to fit in, to conform, to survive, to be accepted and to succeed within our patriarchal structures. Our patriarchal culture rewards extinguishing part of our nature. It is the sacrifice we believe we must pay to ‘succeed.’
But, and this is a big BUT. We need to re-envision success. We can’t succeed at the expense of another’s suffering. We can’t succeed at the expense of spirit. We can’t succeed at the expense of community. We can’t succeed at the expense of the earth, of the web of life. We can’t pretend we can really thrive while others perish. I feel like throwing up. Vomiting. Releasing our desacralized ways. Empty out fully. Out.
There is another way. I love the feminine. I am pro woman, whole, not our patriarchal’s version of woman, a mere puppet wanna be man. Sad. A real woman feels nature wild, it is her inner spark. She lets spirit sing through her very flesh, filled with compassion and fierceness. She knows the power of emotions and claims her seat in the unfolding of life. She sees. A steward of the earth. In the blink of our eyes:
The pendulum is swinging, at the extreme expansion of Yang (masculine), Yin (feminine) is born. This seed of Yin is most potent. It has the ability to shift life as we experience it. So far we are seeing women’s sense of cohesion returning. There is power in coming together, in seeing each other, and giving voice to the other. A sense of urgency is awakening. I love this quote my friend Roxanne shared in her illuminating post where she confessed her coming out as a feminist:
“There’s a special place in hell for women who do not help other women.” ~ Madeleine Albright
It is already happening. Can we see the layers of sickness, inequality and ignorance plaguing our world peeling away one by one to give rise to the feminine? From oppression to liberation. What does it look like to you? How are you experiencing this shift? This paradigm seems revolutionary and new when we are used to labeling, classifying, ordering, framing, editing, judging, separating. Oy, boring. Not to say stale, life inhibiting, and oppressive. Spirit can’t shine in the straightjackets of conformity and indifference. Add to this soup of uptightness rushing and you get = psychotic mind and the creation of endless suffering.
Many are craving the yummy chaotic, creative, murky, muddy, foggy, intuitive, healing, dark and wise realm of the feminine. It is infinite with possibility and ancient as your bones that know the truth. We don’t want to leave the masculine behind, we simply crave balance. We crave the nourishing hands of the feminine.
Put the masculine in service of the feminine. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. We have been fed rubbish, time to select our nourishment wisely. Time to swallow and digest the truth and expel beauty.
- Vision in the heights. How do you get vision? Go on some monumental hike, the Inca Trail comes to mind. Amazing. Did this hike more than 10 years ago! Existential movement across space. Whoa, I didn’t know it would involve traversing the sacred land of my ancestors up and down those high mountains gasping for air. The earth knows a way of equalizing people and the problem is we have estranged ourselves from her world. She always welcomes us back home. It takes a journey of sustained effort, focus and faith to travel through her. It takes helping hands willing to reach out for yours. I survived, crying, praying and cursing but I survived. Not only that, my spirit thrived. I felt a superheroine. Super star. Once I reached the heights I was meant to see and experience, I was forever changed. My body on the body of the land intimately reaching the summit, I could touch the sky and breathe in the all encompassing vision.
- Vision in the depths. There is another type of journey where you go blindfolded. You have no map, with a compass inside your heart feeling your way to the vision of the world that is to come. This other world is wrapped in dark silk and it sings in tongues you don’t yet speak. Enthralled. Your emotions become your inner road map. Yes. An inner vision of love manifesting in every fiber of the web.
I would say inside this world there is another one pulsing its way into being.
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.” ~ Arundhati Roy
This is the YES that rolled out of the mouth of Molly in Ulysses (Gabler Edition) (1906) by James Joyce, the book that turned literature around with the quintessential flow of his feminine writing. This female character uttered a roaring YES in a gesture that celebrated life with gusto, without fear, without submitting to anything or anyone. This is power, to know your essence and sing it in pure affirmation. A Goddess. Out her throat and lips came a YES that shattered all the oppressive NOs into nothingness.
SUBSCRIBE & receive a PDF of the bathroom as sacred space, a gift to nourish & revitalize your spirit.
make space for joy circle
radical evolution for your space & life
"you are the gift that keeps giving.."
- The sensual spiritual bathroom, a sacred space of flow
- Ode to Feminine Space. An architecture of flow. An architecture of the feminine
- Living Healing Gardens: Breathing life
- Edgewalkers of flow
- A prayer for the liberation of woman, earth, life
- Ten ideas to create a space your [inner] child loves
- You are a flow system in the landscape. Flow, nature & space design
- You are not weird, you are magical. Mermaids, Goddesses & Water Spirits
- The Neglected Space of the Other
- Full Moon blessings. A feminine approach to self & space renewal